Big House Network
We made some changes to the Big House network in October 2020. The wire colors are not as perfect as I’d like, but it works.
- we ran two network cables around the house into the garage for an access point, and a potential camera down the road.
- Added a third access point in the garage for better coverage on the east side of the house.
- Added a UPS, to allow the network to stay up even if nobody is at the house.
- swapped out Edge Router for Unifi USG.
- Added Unifi Switches for complete visibility remotely from the app.
- Configured Pi Hole for bandwidth saving
- Added a IP Camera as a test to see if this is remotely viable to have a camera at the house usable.